Call for job applicants:
The Southeast Asia Tobacco Control Alliance (SEATCA) is looking for a motivated and competent FCTC Program Officer.
Closing date for applications: 21 January 2022
Summary of position offered: The FCTC Program Officer is primarily responsible for the over-all development and coordination of SEATCA’s work to support full implementation of the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC), including through all relevant SEATCA work programs and campaigns.
Time allocation: Full-time
Location: any ASEAN country
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide and facilitate technical and other support for FCTC implementation in general and for the following policy areas in particular, in collaboration with other relevant SEATCA team members:
- Tobacco industry interference
- Tobacco taxation, including sustainable funding for tobacco control and illicit trade
- Smoke-free environments
- Tobacco product packaging and labeling
- Tobacco advertising, promotion, and sponsorship
- Monitor FCTC-related global developments to inform the work of SEATCA and country partners
- Lead author for SEATCA’s FCTC Score Card and co-author for other relevant SEATCA publications
- Act as a SEATCA focal point on FCTC-related matters, including as liaison with WHO, the FCTC Secretariat, and other international partners
- Participate in project monitoring and evaluation as determined by the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
- Other tasks assigned by the Executive Director
- University degree, preferably with experience in public health or public
- Expertise in tobacco control is essential, with at least 3 years in this
- Skills should include technical writing, public speaking, and policy and media
- Excellent writing and speaking proficiency in English and at least one ASEAN language
- Proactive and self-motivated with a proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; able to prepare timely reports
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Commitment to the objectives of the
- Has never been employed by, received any support from, or had any interests in the tobacco industry or affiliated industries (This also applies to the applicant’s first degree relatives.)
Working Conditions / Salary and Benefits
The FCTC Program Officer will be based in any ASEAN country. Please note that SEATCA does not cover relocation costs.
SEATCA offers a competitive local salary package with health benefits. An initial contract will be for 12 months, with a three-month probationary period and opportunity to renew on an annual basis.
How to apply
Deadline for applications: 21 January 2022. We will review applications as they come in and may consider selecting a shortlisted applicant before the deadline, so we welcome early applications.
Interested applicants should send (1) a letter of interest with (2) your CV/resume, (3) salary history, and (4) contact details of three (3) referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Applicant: FCTC Program Officer”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. All decisions are final.
SEATCA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified candidates of all nationalities and backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.
The successful candidate will be notified by 28 January 2022 and is expected to begin work no later than 15 February 2022.