Call for job applicants:
The Southeast Asia Tobacco Control Alliance (SEATCA) is looking for a motivated and talented Media and Communications Officer.
Closing date for applications: 21 February 2021
Summary of position offered: The Media and Communications Officer is primarily responsible for the over-all development and coordination of SEATCA’s external communications. He/She identifies and coordinates outreach efforts to identified sectors, general public, media, and other nonprofit organizations. He/she also leads and provides communications support for all of SEATCA’s tobacco control advocacy campaigns.
Time allocation: Full-time
Location: Manila or Bangkok
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, manage, and coordinate overall communication strategies, tools, activities, and campaigns for SEATCA, including SEATCA’s website and social media, in collaboration with program managers and relevant partners
- With the program managers, organize media and communications activities and workshops with and for SEATCA’s national partners, as necessary
- Develop and disseminate regional/national media statements and SEATCA bulletins; act as SEATCA contact point for media inquiries
- Manage project news monitoring and overall tobacco control news monitoring system (coordinate – if service is from an outside source) and share relevant news with SEATCA team and country partners
- Maintain updated roster and contact information of national and regional media in ASEAN countries
- Other tasks assigned by the Executive Director
- University degree in communications, public relations, or related field, preferably with experience in public health or tobacco control.
- Solid knowledge base in media and communications is essential, with at least 3 years in this field.
- Skills should include event planning, graphic design and communications, advertising, campaigning, and news writing.
- Excellent writing and speaking proficiency in English and at least one ASEAN language
- Proactive and self-motivated with a proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; able to prepare timely reports
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization.
- Has never been employed by, received any support from, or had any interests in the tobacco industry or affiliated industries (This also applies to the applicant’s first degree relatives.)
Working Conditions / Salary and Benefits
The Media and Communications Officer will be based in Manila or Bangkok. Please note that SEATCA does not cover relocation costs.
SEATCA offers a competitive local salary package with health benefits. An initial contract will be for 12 months, with a three-month probationary period and opportunity to renew on an annual basis.
How to apply
Deadline for applications: 21 February 2021. We will review applications as they come in and may consider selecting a shortlisted applicant before the deadline, so we welcome early applications.
Send your letter of interest with your CV/resume, salary history, and contact details of three (3) referees, to email@example.com with the subject heading “Applicant: SEATCA Media and Communications Officer”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. All decisions are final.
SEATCA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified candidates of all nationalities and backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.
The successful candidate will be notified by 5 March 2021 and is expected to begin work no later than 19 March 2021.