Title : Research Project Coordinator on tobacco control
Organizational: SOUTHEAST Asia Tobacco Control Alliance (SEATCA)/Bangkok, Thailand
Contractual status: 15 months (1st October 2011-31 Dec 2012) with Initial three months probationary appointment;
Deadline for Application: 26 September 2011
Report to work: 1st or 10th October 2011
Fee : USD 1,000-1,500 per month
Depending on qualifications, experience and skills
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinate research projects in seven Southeast Asian countries on political economy of tobacco control
2. Follow up and keep track of submission of country reports and provide preliminary technical review and language editing
3. Organizing regional meetings and trainings in research-associated countries
4. Provide administrative support and run project management in terms of subcontracting procedure and reimbursement in line with the grant policy
5. Help develop and implement grant monitoring process
Education: Master degree on Social Science or Public Health with strong background on social research
Language: Good command in communication, drafting/writing skills in English.
Experience: Preferably 1-3 years’ experience on research or similar function. International organization experience and ability to work independently with minimal supervision will be an advantage.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter (referencing the Job Announcement (Research Project Coordinator) accompanied by full resume stating details of educational qualifications and working experience, present income, home and office telephone numbers to:
Chief Operations Officer
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.